To celebrate the first few days of Spring I decided to make cupcakes, as thats my answer to everything. I used the same recipe from the Nutella icing cupcakes but made lemon icing using lemon juice instead of extra Nutella. These cakes are super easy to make and they taste so fresh.
- Self-Raising Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Essence
- Depending on how many cakes you want choose either 2/3/4 eggs and weigh them. I used 2 eggs, which made 8 cupcakes. The eggs I used came to 132g and so everything else needs to weigh exactly the same. (Except the vanilla essence)
- Mix together the margarine and sugar until white and fluffy and then add a teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Add the eggs one at a time with a little flour to stop it curdling.
- When all the eggs are mixed in, add the rest of the flour and fold that in. (or mix quickly)
- Fill the cupcake cases 2/3 full and then bake in the oven for around 10/12 minutes at 180 degrees. Keep checking the cupcakes and when golden brown they should be done. To check if they are done, poke a skewer into the middle of a cake and if it comes out clean they are done.