I’m sorry if you have a nut allergy because in my opinion Nutella is simply the best. Cookies are also pretty great and taste amazing together these cookies are very simple and easy to make so they are perfect for a last minute dessert or snack. I’ve been using a family friends recipe for years to make cookies but recently started adding Nutella in the middle and I think it’s perfect.
- 200g butter
- 200g muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp of golden syrup
- 300g self raising flour
- 175g chocolate chips or chunks
- Using an electric whisk; beat together the butter and the sugar in a bowl until light and creamy. Then mix in the syrup and then half of the flour.
- Cut up the chocolate into small pieces and with a spoon mix them in with the rest of the flour.
- Most recipes tell you preheat the oven at the beginning but I always feel thats too long so preheat it now at 180C/gas 4/fan 160C.
- Use greaseproof paper to line some oven trays. Using clean hands, take out small handfuls of the mixture and squish down onto the prepared trays, into little circles. Using a small spoon add little lumps of Nutella in the centre of the cookie. Then pull up all the sides around the Nutella and make sure its completely covered.
- Bake for 12 minutes and keep checking as sometimes the top or the back of the oven will cook quicker, so swap around the trays if need be. They will be done when they look golden brown on top but still quite squishy on the inside. Leave them on the tray until they harden, probably about 5 minutes and then take them of and place them onto a cooling rack.